Sunday, December 23, 2007

First (and last) annual hot sauce cookoff




Driven by recent passion for the ultimate hot sauce recipe and fueled by hot sauce heaven at La Fonda in Flagstaff, I have been obsessed with the idea of making my own sauce. I thought a fun project this year, while the family was all gathered , would be to head out to Guadalupe Farm Market and pick out different varieties of chili peppers. We would have a contest for the best home made hot sauce.

Here is my truly vile attempt.
(I turned out to be the only participant)
Growing weary of the tedious task of cleaning out the seeds, I abandoned that effort and wound up with an ear blasting, toe curling hot but not so tasty sauce.
I think the photo turned out pretty well though.

Never again. I'll just get a quart from La Fonda.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: