Sunday, October 19, 2008

Return to Stowe



In the mid 70's I spent a ski season in Stowe, Vermont working for the Mountain company . The big perk was the daily skiing.
I've always wanted to go back . I got the chance last week during (almost) peak foliage season.
What fun to see how much it has changed and curiously... how certain things haven't changed. The little chalet I lived in was still there as was the Mountain Company gift shop where I worked It looked remarkably the same.
Even "The Shed" was still there (well a newer, larger version) with the wonderful hamburgers on Thomas English Muffins topped with Cabot Cheese..
Perhaps someday I'll get to ski there again . Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Wow, these fall posts are beautiful. Such talent.

Unknown said...

I love Vermont! Beautiful Vicky.